Cast Rolls Plant Features:
- Maximum roll weight of 30 tons
- Maximum roll body diameter of 2000 mm
- Maximum roll length of 6000 mm
Our Centrifugal Casting Machine has a maximum spinning capacity of 46 tons.
DTS provides a full range of rolls and roller types and models including cast iron rolls with cast grooves. Our overall output is projected to be up to 10000 tons of cast rolls in 2012.
The foundry is split on two parts:
1. Facility for small and medium rolls with three induction furnaces, each with a 6 ton capacity.
2. Facility for heavy rolls, equipped with a new 20 ton capacity mid-frequency induction furnace (INDUCTOTHERM, UK). We use two method of rolls casting:
Static casting into a composite mould which is composed of chill and green sand parts, and centrifugal casting of a working layer on the centrifugal machine with a horizontal axis of rotation, followed by static pouring of core metal in the pit.
DTS has purchased and installed a new furnace from “Bosio d.o.o.” (Slovenia) capable of annealing and normalizing as well as high and low temperature tempering.
Characteristics of the furnace:
- Maximum charge weight of 100 tons.
- Maximum heating temperature of 1200°C.
- Maximum heating rate up to 40 °C/ hour.
- Maximum cooling rate up to 150 °C/ hour.
This facility has 40 lathe machines, 8 milling machines and 4 grinding machines.
Quality control is performed at all production stages and includes inspection and testing of chemical composition, structure, hardness and geometrical dimensions of the rolls. In addition, we perform ultra-sonic testing for centrifugal - casting rolls. Mechanical properties of the rolls are measured per customer specifications. All processes in the plant are certificated according standard EN ISO 9001:2008 quality management system.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by meeting all specifications and expectations.
- Regular employee training
- Remain up to date with global technological developments and implement these trends within our production processes.
- Relationships with suppliers and clients are based on mutually beneficial business terms and conditions.
- Data analysis and continual improvement in our products and facilities.
- Environmentally friendly production practices.